Do you know how to pray? Let's review the steps.
1. Address Heavenly Father (Our Father in Heaven, Dear Heavenly Father, etc)
2. Thank him for blessings
3. Ask for answers and help.
4. Close with "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
*(Optional) There is a song in the Children's Songbook that teaches these steps. If desired, sing the second verse of "I Pray in Faith" (CS p. 14) to learn or review the steps of prayer.
In answer to our prayers, the Holy Ghost will teach us truth through both feelings and thoughts. What does the Holy Ghost feel like to you? (Lead a discussion about how to recognize the Holy Ghost.)
Song: Search, Ponder, and Pray (CS p. 109)
Offer a kneeling prayer at the end of the lesson.
THIS WEEK'S SCRIPTURE STUDY:
--Recite James 1:5
--Sing "Search, Ponder, and Pray" (or one of the other songs I have listed below)
--Study one of the following:
1. Pres Uchtdorf's Oct 2014 conf address "Receiving a testimony of light and truth"
2. Elder Craig Christensen's Oct 2014 conf address "I Know these things of myself"
3. D&C 8:2-3
4. Alma 5:45-46
5. John 14:26
6. “Studying the Church … through the eyes of its defectors,” Elder Neal A. Maxwell once said, is “like interviewing Judas to understand Jesus. Defectors always tell us more about themselves than about that from which they have departed.”
7. Sing "I Pray in Faith" (CS pg. 14) if you didn't during your lesson.
8. Sing "A Child's Prayer" (CS pg. 12)
9. Sing "Let the Holy Spirit Guide" (Hymn #143)